Moviephotos.in content

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Drew Barrymore's Not Looking For Love

Drew Barrymore is over romance and mommy issues, for now. The actress, who has been divorced twice and possibly just reunited with actor Justin Long, is concentrating on other aspects of her life.

She explained: Sexual love is secondary to me right now. I’ve spent a lot of time in my life dedicating myself to love or the pursuit of love or the understanding of love. But for the last few years, my life just hasn’t been about that for me. It’s just not about the mother baggage. It’s not about the boy. It’s about something completely different, and it’s very refreshing. I’m trying to understand it and relish it.

The 34-year-old star is also trying to put her troubled childhood behind her. She completed her first stint in rehab aged 13, and tried to kill herself a year later. She had a notoriously difficult relationship with her mother Ildiko Jaid, resulting in her choosing not to live with her when she left rehab for the second time aged 14. The pair became legally emancipated in 1991.

Although Drew has gained inspiration from her turbulent family life for many of her on screen performances, she didn’t need to for new movie Whip It, which is about a girl called Bliss whose mother is determined for her to enter beauty pageants, although she prefers roller skating.

She told Parade magazine: "I used to pull a lot emotionally from all the stuff with my family. But oddly, with Whip It I didn’t have the emotional bones to pull from because my mom and I are separated. But those tumultuous, sort of scandalous aspects of a mother-daughter relationship, of course I had those with my mom, so, if needed, I can bring a lot to the table in my heart and soul with that. But the things I have been trying to reach in these two projects are oddly separate from that. They are more about me defining myself on my own terms.”

Related post





previous-page
next-page home
Related Posts with Thumbnails